Monday, January 30, 2012

30th Birthday Cake!

My sister Jacqueline celebrated her "dirrrrty thirrty" and I had the great pleasure of making her cake.It was my first attempt at a topsy turvy cake and although it wasn't as "topsy turvy" as I would have liked it,Jacqueline loved it so I was happy!


Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the cake,so my sister emailed me on some so apologise for the blurriness. We also didn't get photos until the next day,hence the cake being slightly battered!


On the front I placed an extremely glittery "30" (the picture doesn't really do it justice) and on the back I had a little fun with a block of cheese (a personal joke between my sisters and I) and a headstone of "Jacquelines youth"!On top I placed a plastic cosmo glass which is one of Jacq's favourite drinks.



The cakes were chocolate with a chocolate ganache and sponge with lemon cream cheese frosting...yum!

Happy Baking!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x