Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Freshly made Scones.



My other half Ger has been plaguing me for scones for the last few weeks so last weekend I finally gave in and baked him some. I dunno what it is with me and scones but I literally cannot eat more than one of these,they are the most filling things ever! These are plain scones but there is so many variations around,every time I make some I'm gonna try different flavours. I have a feeling I'll be making these more often anyway just to satisfy Ger's love of scones, luckily they're easy-peasy!

   

Recipe for Scones

 

Ingredients

  • 225g self raising flour, sieved
  • 150ml milk approx.
  • 25g caster Sugar
  • 25g margarine
  • 1  beaten egg, for glazing

Instructions

  1. Pre-heated oven 200°C for 10-12 mins
  2. Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add margarine and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
  3. Add milk little by little to make a soft dough. Knead slightly to bring dough together and remove any cracks.
  4. Roll out your dough to 1” in thickness and cut using a cutter.
  5. Place on a baking tray and brush with egg for a lovely shiny glaze. this is completely optional.
  6. Bake  and leave cool on a wire rack.

Bit of butter,bit of jam..........hmmmmm!
Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x