Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies


YAAAY! I'm back. I'm finally back on the baking track. The last few weeks have been so hectic I'm honestly sooo tired the whole time. I will admit that alcohol has a lot to do with it. If I go out on a Saturday night, I am not functioning properly until Wednesday, even Thursday and then another birthday rolls around on the Saturday! I'm  sooo old!

Anyway besides the birthday season kicking my ass, I've had a few baking disasters. One batch of burnt naan bread in the bin to be joined by a burnt batch of cookies a few days later. You know you are all over the place when you burn cookies. I have learnt to make my timer my best friend, I usually just guesstimate the time....ya lesson learnt!

By the way I must ask all you fellow bakers out there..... Does your oven smell of baked goods all the time? I LOVE IT! The other day G came home from work, the first thing he said was "hmmm what are you baking?" with a big smile on his face.........It was chicken! But my oven smells of baked goods all the time, Preheating my oven is like lighting a scented candle for me, crazy.....amm maybe :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

Ingredients

 

  • 2 1/4 cups of plain flour  
  • 1 tsp baking soda  
  • 1 tsp salt  
  • 1 cup butter, softened  
  • 3/4 cup sugar  
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar  
  • 1tsp vanilla extract  
  • 2 large eggs  
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

 

Instructions


  1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Mix in you chocolate chips.
  2. Place your mixture on to some film and roll into a sausage shape. Wrap parchment paper around this and place into the fridge for at least an hour but preferably over-night. You can actually freeze this too and cook straight from frozen.
  3. Preheat your oven to 180 °C. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


I love the way the chocolate stays gooey and melted even when cooled, I did add some white chocolate chips as well but they don't stay in melty,gooeyness form. Delicious none the less :)

Enjoy!

Shirley





5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging. Nothing beats a classic chocolate chip cookies. The aroma and crunch... Yum! Of all, I'm admiring your pic showing a melty chocolate chip of your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe

      I am embarrassed to say I have just seen these comments! Im so sorry.
      It's true nothing beats the classics.

      Thanks so much for stopping by

      Shirley

      Delete
  2. These look delicious - I feel so hungry after seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura

      Sorry for the seriously late reply,They are pretty good cookies. I've made these numerous times since, I love them just out of the oven!

      Shirley x

      Delete
  3. Hi Shirley,

    We've recently launched the site Alldishes.co.uk, where our users can search among thousands of recipes from British and Irish food sites and blogs. In our site we have created the Top Food Blogs section, where you can also add your blog. And you don’t have to worry because everything on Alldishes.co.uk is free!

    Our concept is already live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany and Spain. Do you want to be a member of this big family?

    You can also find us on Facebook!

    Kind regards,
    Renato
    Alldishes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x