Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Guitar Cake



Hello...remember me..lol!

No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, time has just not been my friend as of late. I honestly don't have a clue where February went and then I feel like I blinked and missed March. I mean how in gods name is it the first of April already!!!

I haven't even dabbled in much bakes. I went off bread for lent (like a crazy person) and my whole family went off sweet things so all that was left to make was more savoury dishes.....which I'm considering sharing as it does class as baked goods....right?!

I did, however, get an order for this guitar cake. I can't tell you how happy a new cake challenge makes me. It was something I had never done before and I've certainly never made something so large. I loved every minute of it.


I baked five sheets of chocolate cake and used a template I cut out of cake boards. I then "glued" them all together with buttercream and crumb coated. I think I've finally got my crumb coating down so that it crusts perfectly for the fondant. I then covered it in fondant and added the extra bits 'n' bobs with a little bit of edible glue.

I was pretty chuffed with the results......super fun project!

Hope you are keeping well out there in blogland!

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x