Thursday, January 23, 2014

White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats


I LOOOOOVE white chocolate, always have done. It's just creamy, sweet and delicious......everything that makes me happy!

Mixing chocolate with rice krispies is something we do regularly here in our house. When we were younger, we had to leave them set and become a rice krispie bun. I can't remember the last time we actually let them set. My sister and I literally eat it out of the bowl, chocolate still warm with the crunch of the krispies.........Sometimes it really is the simple things!

This recipe is not exactly ground breaking nor is it rocket science. This is actually what makes it so great. Plus they are great to make with kids. My nephew is two so he loved to play 'helpuh' with me.

 

Recipe for White Chocolate RKT



Ingredients

 

  • 100g butter
  • 400g marshmallows
  • 300g rice krispies approx
  • 100g white chocolate......not chocolate chips.

Instructions

  1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt your butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well mixed. Keep stirring for about 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
  2. Add your rice krispies (if you feel the need to add more or less, do so!). Stir until well combined.
  3. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture firmly into a buttered 8x12in tin. Cut into desired sized squares when cooled.

I do make mine quite chunky so do feel free to half the quantities for a smaller tin. I have and it works out perfectly.

Hope you are all having a great day :)

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x