Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lemon and Ginger Detox Drink


Happy New Year folks!

I've decided to start off the new year here on bells-bakery with something, as you can tell, slightly different. A detox drink! With the indulgence of Christmas over, I think about 99% of the population are on a health kick and I am no different!

My Grandmother used to drink a cup of cooled boiled water nearly every morning and there was not a wrinkle on her face, so a few months back I decided to take the challenge. My skin changed practically overnight...Yay :)

I am well aware of the power of detoxes and such but at this time of year, when the weather is still cold and dreary, a warm detox drink is just what you need. Not only is it bursting with health benefits, it tastes pretty good. It is light, refreshing and the ginger gives it a real warmth. I've tried it with some honey too, it gives a lovely warm sweetness. You can also drink this cooled.



Recipe for Lemon and Ginger Detox Drink

 

Ingredients


  • hot water
  • knob of ginger
  • lemon

 

Instructions

  1. Pour your cup of hot water. Peel and grate your ginger. Add to hot water. All these little bits float down to the bottom of the cup but you will still get all the ginger taste and warmth.
  2. Cut and squeeze about a third of a lemon into your water and you're done!


It could not be any easier! It is by far my fav detox drink, it is soooo quick and easy. As much as I love juices and smoothies, I hate the clean up. This however is a cinch and very minimal clean up *happy dance* :)

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x