Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A little slice of real life.......


What a weekend! 

As I told you on Friday I was off to Skibbereen, West Cork with G for a taste of cottage life. G had given me this weekend away as a Christmas gift and let me tell you the boy done well. I actually did not want to leave!

I never really saw myself as a 'cottage-y kinda gal' but oh my! I actually heard myself saying the words "look at these beams". I often watch TV shows where people are searching for their dream cottage and they are all about the beams. I never really 'got' it but now I am well and truly converted!


I mean seriously look at those beams, don't ya just love?!

It's a good thing I loved it so much too as the weather was beyond atrocious. All the walks and exploring our surroundings were put by the way side. Our fab little cottage had an outside jacuzzi which was never even opened. G attempted it once but the wind was beyond crazy. I felt like we were actually in a hurricane at one stage.


We did venture into the town for a bite to eat a few times and what I saw (through the car window lol!) looked like a nice town. It would have been great to have been able to walk around and have a look but sure, next time.

I love the people of west Cork in general, they are so friendly and welcoming. It's like you've known them your whole life.


Of course when it was time to leave, the storm let up and the sun came out to say hello.

I didn't really mind to be honest, I was quiet happy pottering around the cottage, drinking tea in my pj's :)

If cottages are your thing, you should check them out at Cottages for couples.ie. They have these amazing treehouses that were closed for the winter but G and I are definately going back to check them out in the summer. They looked so cool and if our cottage was anything to go by I'm sure it will be amazing!

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x