Tuesday, February 4, 2014

White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake


This past weekend was quiet a whirlwind in the cakey bakey department. I had a disaster on delivery of one of my cakes, I nearly cried (seriously!). I had a truimph over my Lemon Poppy seed Loaf (Soo happy....Stay tuned) and the festivities had to be tended to.....

It was my Mothers birthday this weekend and she requested a cheesecake. Yay No Bake....I did a little happy dance inside. But when she told me she wanted a white chocolate one, I nearly went into full blown rave mode :)


I think my love of white chocolate is pretty well documented by now. And get this, I have NEVER tried a white chocolate cheesecake....I almost shocked myself!

I was pretty knackered after all the baking so I went in search of a fabulous no bake cheesecake recipe. I stumbled across Nigellas recipe and adapted it from there. First thing I did was make the base chunkier. I love the base as much I love the filling. I always aim for 1/3 biscuit and 2/3 filling. I just think it's a much nicer balance. I added more white chocolate and I layered the biscuit base with strawberries that I had chopped in half.


The strawberries were an absolute winner to compliment the filling. But to be honest it wasnt the greatest cheesecake I've ever tasted. Simple yes! but it lacked the creamy sweet flavour of the white chocolate. I would, however, recommend any novice cheesecake bakers out there to try it, it really is very easy to make and it sets perfectly.

It has set the wheels in motion, for this white chocolate lover, to come up with the ultimate white chocolate cheesecake. I have a few really good ideas :)


I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday!

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x