Friday, February 7, 2014

Princess Castle Cake



Happy Fondant Friday folks!

I was asked to make this cake for a little princess who was turning 3!

But this cake ended up being the disaster I was talking about in Tuesday's post. And what annoys me the most is I still can't figure out what went wrong. You see those lovely towers? Well the one on the left decided to snap whilst being transported.

The storm did not help in any way, shape or form. It was fine until I was taking it from my house, shielded under an umbrella from the wind. I was in the car about two minutes when I noticed a tear in the fondant and it just went all down hill from there!

When I arrived with the cake I did my best to repair the damage but the tower didn't exactly have the same height or structure it had previously. I was absolutely gutted, like extremely close to tears. It is my first ever disaster and I must admit it knocked my confidence a bit.

Hmmmmm.......Who knows, maybe it was just one of those days.

.............................................................................................................

What is everyone up to for the weekend?

G and I are headed off to a cottage in 'wesht' Cork for the weekend which should be interesting with the forthcoming storm.......

Wish us luck :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shirley x